Thursday, November 6, 2008

D is for...

Devotion.

The book actually has deeds for D, but I like devotion better. There are many things I am devoted. Here they are in order.
  1. God
    He is the most important thing in my life. Without God, I would not be here. Without God, I would be lost. Without God, I would be nothing. Therefore I am devoted to loving Him and spending the time I need in His Word and with Him in prayer. There are times I avoid Him, but He is always there when I realize I need to return to Him.
  2. AJU5 - my daughter
    I am devoted to care and love her with all that I am. She depends on me for almost everything these days. One day, she will have to share this role with a sibling and her dad, but until she is big enough to care for herself, she is the second most important thing in my life.
  3. AJU1 - my husband
    He used to hold the number 2 position until our little one came along. There are times when I get mad at him or upset with him, but I am devoted to staying with him through the hard times. Love is an action, not a noun. We have to work at our relationship, but in the end it is always worth it!
  4. Myself
    Sometimes I get elevated above all of the others, but this is where I belong - or at least tied with my husband. I am devoted to care for my own needs - physical, spiritual, and emotional. Sometimes I fall to the end of the list, but those times don't last...
  5. The rest of our family
    Our family is over 10 hours away from us by car. So, we don't get to spend too much time with them. But, I am committed (devoted) to love them and support them. I do need to get better at keeping up with them though, as I often don't take the time to call them...
  6. Our friends
    Sometimes I am more devoted tot hem than my family, especially those I see at least once a week. They have become our family here in many ways. Like my family, I am devoted to love them and support them.
  7. Work
    I am devoted to teaching my students as best as I possibly can. I am devoted to contribute as much as I can to work. But, God, family, and friends come first most of the time.

No comments: