Sunday, November 23, 2008

T is for...

Truth.

Jesus is the way, the TRUTH, and the light. IN a world where many do not believe in absolute truth, those of us who are Believers do. Jesus is that truth. The Bible is true. If it wasn't, our faith would be meaningless. Personally, I hold to a literal translation of the Bible. Unless it is clear to the average person that the passage is symbolic, then I believe it should be taken literally. Other believers say that parts can not to be taken literally. But, I feel that if you only take some parts literally, how do you know what should be literal? It would be easy to say the whole Bible was just a fictional story in that case.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I checked mixed feelings because I think sometimes people get so focused on every word in the Bible that they forget The Word, Jesus. I do believe in the inerrancy of Scripture and in a literal interpretation, but I don't live and die by whether or not a day is a day or a thousand years in the Creation story. That kind of thing. You do have to be cautious though, because you end up with people who teach theology who don't believe in the divinity of Christ. I don't quite get that!