Sunday, October 12, 2008

Stretching...

God i stretching my husband and I. We have both taken on new rolls in the church this week. He is filling in for the adult class, and I am going to start a kids program on Wednesday nights. We go to a really small church - with about 50 people there for Sunday morning service. There are only about 10 adults and 10 kids that show up for Sunday School. Sunday and Wednesday evening services can be anywhere from 5 to 30 people adults and kids). The wife of the man who was teaching the adult class had heart bypass surgery this week, so he will be out for a while. My husband is the youngest one that attends the class (well, other than the babies), but he is the only male member. Other than myself, there are two female members that attend, but neither of them would be willing or able to do it. So, that left my husband. There is a couple that is going to start attending that are members, but they have their hands full right now as it is with 5 children (almost 7 to 1 month old). Other than them, the attendees are our parents' age or older...

On Wednesday nights, there have been two extra kids attending besides the 5 in the one family and our daughter. These two kids don't get to go to church often, so we (pastor and I) thought it would be good to do some sort of lesson. And, since my daughter doesn't like to sit still for the service as it is, I volunteered. We are going to be using a Veggie Tales program for preschool ages. Hopefully it won't be too boring for the 6 year olds...

Please pray for us as we allow God to stretch us and make us grow in these areas!

1 comment:

Faith Wanderer said...

I don't think Veggie Tales will be too boring for the 6 year olds, I know a lot of junior and senior high school kids (and older) who still enjoy it.