Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sanctity of Life

Thirty-six years ago, Roe v. Wade was decided, allowing abortion on demand in the United States. I have already posted my views on abortion, but after suffering a miscarriage at the beginning of the year, I have an even greater feeling for babies aborted at six weeks or later. I have ultrasound pictures of our Junior #2 that measured him/her at 6 wks 5 d (although now we feel that the baby may have been old gestationally). It looked like a baby. It is our baby. Our AJU5 is a big sister, with a baby brother or sister in heaven waiting for us. Focus on the Family has a campaign to get women considering an abortion an ultrasound to see their children. I hope this helps these women see what they are doing...

Today in the local university's student newspaper, a letter to the editor claims that those of us who are pro-life want to return to the back alley abortion days. This is not the case! We want no child to be aborted (with the exception of to save a mother's life). I wish we lived in a world where sex was saved for marriage. I wish no child was conceived to parents that would consider to abort it. I wish we lived in a perfect world. But, we live in a human world. And our human sin nature is always causing problems. Children are conceived to parents who aren't ready and willing to raise the child. They are conceived to women who aren't wiling to allow the chld to grow inside of them and then give the baby to two adults that are willing to raise it. Instead, we live in a selfish society. We live where what "I" want is more important than what is means to others around me.

No comments: