Monday, January 19, 2009

Valleys and Mountains

As a Christian, we go through mountains and valleys in our faith and walk with God. On te mountain tops, we are spending regular, daily time studying His Word, praying, and worshiping Him. In the valleys, we tend to ignore God and spend little to no time with Him.

Where are you right now?

I think I am just leaving a valley. I have spent time in pray and worship, but my Bible study is greatly lacking. Luckily for me, Faith Bible Institute starts up next week, so I will have to get back into reading my Bible. Hopefully I will do the reading daily and not cram it all into a day or two like I have done some in the past. With the exception of some Psalms that I just didn't get to reading, I have read the Bible cover to cover in the past three years. Next week I will start over, reading Genesis and the Gospels. With the course there are verses to learn for exams. I hope to actually spend time learning them instead of cramming for the exams and forgetting them soon.

No comments: