Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope?

Okay, I voted for McCain. But, I knew what the results were most likely going to be. The problem I am having is figuring out why people think the Obama is going to bring so many good changes to the US.

Health Care/Insurance?
Well, right now we have shortage of medical professionals. It is hard to get into a doctor's office a lot of the time. If everyone has insurance, this is only going to get worse... Also, if the government is helping to pay for the insurance, then there is going to be less profits for the insurance companies and medical professionals. People are going to be even less likely to go into these fields, only making the problems worse. We only need to look at the Medicare/Medicade issues right now for how this is going to turn out... Or to Britain and Canada...
That isn't to say I don't think people should have to go without health care - especially kids. I think something needs to be done within the medical field to make things better. But, I don't think that Obama's plans will help most people...

Economy??
The main reason we are in a recession is because people think they DESERVE to have all of the luxury items. As a nation, we are spending more than we are making. We are buying things we dont' need and spending money on things we can do without. As a result, people have gotten into such large amounts of debt that the interest we are paying is killing the economy... People can't pay for things now and therefore the banks are loosing lots of money. It is their own fault though. They are the ones that gave the loans... and they need to pay as a result (instead of bailing them out). Redistributing the wealth is just going to make things worse - people are going to think they are entitled to more than they really are. They have shown (scientifically) that we don't take care of our gifts as much as we take care of the things we have worked for...

Where is the hope in Obama? Is it that he isn't Bush? Let me know - I am really confused here...

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Now, the following kind of worry me:
  1. Freedom of Speech and Religion
    Is the US going to follow some other countries and make it illegal to say things like homosexuality is a sin? The abortion is murder? I hope not...
  2. Freedom to Bare Arms
    Are will no longer going to allowed to have guns? I hope not...
  3. The Right to Educate Our Children as We See Fit
    Is it going to become illegal to home school? How about private schools?
I don't know if these things will actually pass, but there have definitely been those in politics that have said they want some of this passed. It scares me...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Amen at the healthcare issue! My husband works in healthcare and there are all sorts of problems with Medicaid/Medicare (mostly Medicaid). One of his coworkers was from the UK and says that the US has a much better system. My main concern is taxes. Sadly, I don't think that I will work a real job after I get out of school because that will put us in a higher tax bracket. Why work to make less money and see less of your family? We also own a small business and are taxed from both sides which unfortunately is passed down to the customer.