Friday, November 14, 2008

L is for...

Love.

There is so much I could right about love.
  • Love is a verb, not a noun. You cna't fall into love nor can you fall out of love.
  • The different kinds of love:
    Agape (pure love)
    Eros (passionate love)
    Philia (brotherly love)
    Storge (natural affectionate love)
  • God is Love
  • The love chapter - 1 Corinthians 13
Unfortunately, I don't have too much time to work on this tonight. So, feel free to take one of these and explain what it means to you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmm... I am sooooo exhausted tonight. I am reminded of a college English assignment I had to do one million years ago. I had to find four poems, each one representing one of the Four Loves and analyze it. It was actually pretty fun. (I was at a small Christian university and the professor was a Four Loves Fanatic.)

I have been thinking a lot about love lately... with all the election drama and other political things. I keep hearing about love, how we are supposed to love each other. But somehow, this love that others are talking about seems to indicate that love equals unconditional acceptance of any choices someone makes. I just don't see that.

I am glad, though, that God loves me perfectly since I love so imperfectly.

Lately I am really feeling so introspective. I am waxing (not so) eloquent in all my comments. I hope I am not boring you! ;)