Friday, November 21, 2008

Q is for...

Quiet.


* I know I got off on the alphabet. I blame it on Blogger. I had drafts set up in my other blog, and it wasn't sorting them correctly. I thought the next draft was R, when it should have been Q.

How did God speak to Elijah (1 Kings 19:11-12)?
Was He in the wind? No.
Was He in the earthquake? No.
Was He in the fire? No.

He was in the still small voice. We have to be quiet in order to hear from God. Most of the time He isn't going to yell at us or make things perfectly clear. Instead, we have to be still and wait for His answer. During these quiet times, try praying or studying your Bible. The Bible is the Word of God, and some times He speaks through that. Other times He will lay the answer on your heart while you pray. Very few people will claim to have heard the audible voice of God. But many have heard His answer in the still, small voice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that quieting myself requires quite an effort. It is amazing how I fight it when I know what is waiting for me there.